Welcome back to Coffee Breaks & Bookmarks,
Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing Angelia Vernon Menchan author of WomanIsh
Hi Angelia, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
I’m an author, publisher, wife, mother, and Nana. I currently work as a Budget Analyst but my truest calling is mentoring. I have mentored more than I can count, added to by having been a Job Corps Counselor and other counseling. I love reading as much as writing and my favorite activity is time spent with my husband of 38 years.
- Okay, let’s start off with Woman-ish. How did you come up with the title and who is your target audience?
WomanIsh is the stuff women go through, overcome and survive. It’s a universal feminine bond. It’s for all adult women. Period.
- While writing this book, did you discover something new about yourself?
Not new but I grinned at how much living and listening I’ve done in my life. I would not trade my journey or those I’ve traveled with.
- Learning is an ever evolving process, and in the literary industry, there’s something to learn always. What bit of advice would you give to an aspiring author concerning the industry?
Stay true to your voice but always study and learn. Also, be wary of dissenters. They are there and is part of the process. Do your best.
- Some people have nicknames for various people they interact with on social media… Tell us one of your nicknames and the meaning behind it.
Many call me Angel, that’s derivative of my name. Many, Mama Deep because that’s how they see me. Actually in high school my son was Deep and by default, his friends called me Mama Deep.
- In Woman-ish, do you have a favorite quote or chapter?
I can’t think of one.
- Finally, How can readers discover more about you and you work?
I’m on Facebook daily. My email is email@example.com
Amazon Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/Angelia-Vernon-Menchan-423565004389778/?ref=bookmarks
Smashwords: Angelia Vernon Menchan
Book Links: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=Menchan+&rh=n%3A133140011%2Ck%3AMenchan+
Goodreads: Angelia Vernon Menchan
EXCERPT: WOMANISH: How She Survived
“You ruined my child and now she is yours, you can marry her and try to repair her reputation or you can continue sneaking around with her and turn her into a common woman.” Her father said, dropping the suitcase and walking inside. They could hear him bolting the locks. Vernita turned to Orvis in shock.
“What am I going to do, where am I going to go?” She asked.
“I will take you to my sister’s and as soon as we can we will get married. I have a small house for us.” Picking up her bag, he led her to his sister’s and four days later they were married without benefit of any family except the sister who took her in, a few of her coworkers and his friends.
Immediately there was a pattern to their lives, he worked and brought home most of his money and she took care of the house, paid the bills, had sex with him when he wanted it which was most nights and she had babies.